
Justin in red, Chase in gray - taken before our first pee-wee soccer game. Oh, did I mention I got pressured into coaching their team? We are the "Bumblebees". Strikes terror in your heart, doesn't it? Oh, and did I mention I don't know anything about soccer? Well, I am quickly learning, and luckily they don't know anything either, so there is not pressure from them, only from myself. Much of my effort so far has been to keep Chase from running around the field like a windmill, and Justin from laying down in the middle of the game because he wants water. Surprisingly, the other players have been relatively easy to coach. My emphasis has been on making sure they run in the right direction, and on trying to limit the pushing and shoving that seems to happen when six kids are crowded around a small ball.
2 comments:
We watched Boo when he was attempting soccer. You are in for some interesting games! He has decided he is a baseball guy.
Mama Toni
I can't believe you fell for the ole coaching thing!!!! how funny!
Post a Comment